Friday, November 30, 2007

Case in point

In my last post I mentioned that many organic companies are not necessarily environmentally neutral. However, being the active member of society I am I do my bit and try to initiate change where ever I think I can make a difference. To whit, I sent an email to a organic coffee company concerning the packaging and recently received (i.e., today) a reply. Obvious identifying characteristics have been redacted per homeland security prerequisites ( :) ).
___________________________________________________________
Hello ,
Your customer support request has been responded to.

Your Request :
packaging
Full name : JOE BLOW AKA JOE 6-PACK
Email : J6P@pseudorandomnumbergenerator.UPPERlevelDomain
Love
your coffee and the organic/fairtrade aspect. However, I've noted that
your coffe is bagged in plastic. No where on it does it mention if it
is recyclable. Is it (an of so could you let me know if it's 1, 2, etc.
- our city will recylce 1 & 2 only) and if not have you done any
research into biodegradable/environmentally neutral packaging?

Thanks
JOE BLOW AKA JOE 6-PACK
-----------------------------------------------

Our Reply :
packaging
Thank
you for your inquiry! At the moment, our coffee bags are
non-recyclable. However, we are in the process of finding alternatives
to make our bags recyclable in the future. We will certainly pass your
suggestion to our packaging and quality control departments.



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: